1. What are some of the major challenges and trends that have been impacting the Metal industry lately?
1. Retaining Mining Engineers, Geotechnical Engineers and Hydrogeologist are real challenge in the mining industry now. The demand is so high and big companies are making aggressive offers to even graduates - very challenging.
2. Dealing with stake holders and achieving a win win outcome – some end up in long deal battles and these delays massive projects to come online.
3. Achieving what is deemed as a fair distribution of worth by all stage holders.
4. Environmental policies are getting ever tight – it is a good thing we have one earth, and we need to protect it.
2. What keeps you up at night when it comes to some of the major predicaments in the Metal industry?
1. Equipment interactions resulting in fatality and massive geotechnical events that impact the operability of a mine.